Art is a creative way for expressing oneself. It may be through painting, sculpting, music, dance and other creative activities that are admired for the beauty they create and the emotions they can procure. Some people turn to art to enhance their living space and make it more homey. Here are some tips in selecting the perfect art for your perfect home.
Type of Art You Will Love
The paintings are made through the application of paint, pigment, color and other medium to any surface such as walls, paper, canvas, wood and even glass. They are usually applied through the use of a brush.
Sculptures are forms of visual art that are three dimensional and are either carved or moulded. Different media have been used to make sculptures; the most common are stone and wood.
Photography is not only a hobby, but it is also another practice of art that lets you create quality and interesting images. Photos may be inspired from everything you see every day to recent travels to different countries and even portraits. Black and white photos are also great for display; they give a vintage feel to the place.
Should the art fit the room or vice versa?
An art piece placed in a surrounding where it does not belong to or where it does not fit would immediately take away its purpose of creating beauty and pleasuring the senses. To make the art complement your surroundings, try to place it on different areas in your home and see if it does not clash with the whole picture. If you find that it does not do at all, the house probably needs a little makeover instead like a change of paint or wallpaper.
Tips on How to Pick Art
- Buy what thrills you. The art you should choose is something that you are happy to see every day. Art Shows are great venues to look for art that will tickle your fancy.
- Never try to match everything in a room and that includes the art piece. Try to complement and pick contrasting pieces to make a huge impact.
- Mix different styles and art periods. It would be an interesting sight once you have all types of art imaginable from different eras. Add more art pieces over time and this creates a great collection that boasts of their history.
- Do not think twice splurging on quality pieces. This will give your homes an added sense of glamour and class. You will not regret it.
- Do not stop yourself from exploring and experimenting with different forms of art media. There are always new and exciting ways to make art and it is always made beautifully and to impress.
Ways to Create an Art-friendly Room
- Lots of tables for more work space. A skirted table is also good to serve as storage space for materials.
- A comfortable chair is necessary to make your stay a pleasurable and relaxing one.
- Place some inexpensive cabinets from furniture shops for extra storage. You can repaint them to make them look artistically different.
- A well-stocked art room is always the best. So make sure you always have what you need.
- Always look after your mess. A messy art room is not conducive to creativity.
There is no right or wrong kind of art. There is always something to smile about a painting if it evokes special memories in your life, regardless of what other people think. Art was not created for show alone, but it is also for inspiration, enjoyment and relaxation. By looking at a prized art piece, it teaches you to appreciate, savour, live and enjoy life more.